Saturday, July 23, 2005

Thank you from C Battery

I asked Subsunk if I could post this. He and his friends have sent packages to my old battalion in Afghanistan. 1SG Robinson kindly wrote back:

Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 7:53 AM
Subject: Thank You

Mark,
I want to take this opportunity to thank you, Lucinda & the gals at First State Home Loans, John and of course all the other great Texans that contributed to this package. Thank you.

Quite a few of Soldier's here are from Texas. You obviously know my name already but I'll tell you a little about myself and where we're located. I'm a First Sergeant in an Airborne Field Artillery Battery from Fort Bragg, NC. We're part of the All American 82nd Airborne Division, "America's Guard of Honor". I have 75 Soldier's in country and we are currently located at Forward Operating Base Salerno, which is in southeast Afghanistan near the town of Khowst, which is not far from the Pakistan Border.

We've been in country now for about 3 months and plan on spending another 9 months. I have some really great Soldier's that are well trained and motivated and totally understand why we are here. A large portion of my Soldiers have served here before and some, like me, have served in Iraq. My Soldier's and I really appreciate what you and many more Americans like you do for us and the support you give us. Thanks.

Please always remember that these are the sons and daughters of America and that they are doing exactly what their country asked of them, not always because they want to but because their country asked them.

Again Mark thanks for everything, it was all shared with my Soldiers and your sons and daughters. I've enclosed a couple of pictures for you.Mark please tell your brother Frosty that I wanted to email him a thank you for the package but I did not have his email address and by the time I realized it I had already burned his address on the box. (Prevents the locals from getting the addresses) Tell him Thank You and the Soldier's enjoyed the package and the movies.

Airborne, All the Way!!
1SG Robinson
C-Btry 3-319th AFAR

3 Comments:

Blogger Subsunk said...

They are all welcome, but I am the thankful one. God bless all of you and the hard work you do. I am very grateful to each of you.

Subsunk

10:16 AM  
Blogger ashley said...

I enjoyed your information on home loans. I have a home loans blog if you want to check it out.

10:33 AM  
Blogger wow power leveling said...

Why was there no follow on bankruptcy then? The bailout of AIG FP went to (wow power leveling) hedge funds that bound credit swaps on Lehman failing or others betting on rating (wow power leveling) declines. AIG has drained over 100 billion from the government. Which had to go to those who bet on failures and downgrades. Many of whom (power leveling)were hedge funds. I-banks that had offsetting swaps needed the money from the AIG bailout or they would have been caught. Its an (wow powerleveling) insiders game and it takes just a little bit too much time for most people to think (wow gold) through where the AIG 100 billion bailout money went to, hedge funds and players, many of whom hire from the top ranks of DOJ, Fed, Treasury, CAOBO
wow goldwow goldwow goldwow gold CAOBO

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home