Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Do you want to support the troops?

UPDATE: I am going to keep this post on top for a little while. So support some troops.


Here's how.

If you support the troops or have been wondering how to do it—check these links out
If you like what they do, donate or help them out. I cannot tell you how much good you do when you're downrange and you get a package in the mail from someone who cares back home. A book, a can of Barbasol, a pine cone. It means a lot. The books you send overseas get read, and I would collect this stuff and send it out to my guys on the firebases to use. No political messages…just we support you. Also some great things for R&R and family members.

You will need your Soldier’s address with APO/FPO and when he/she is expected to return from overseas

Let me know if any of these are not what they seem to be and I will remove them but a cursory link to each one seems legit.

Links to “free” stuff for troops:

http://www.operationhomelink.org/ - Free computers for spouses/parents of deployed soldier in ranks E1 – E5.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/2/prweb106818.htm - free mail/gifts sent to children of deployed soldiers.

https://www.operationuplink.org/ - Free phone cards.

http://anysoldier.com/ForSoldiersOnly.cfm - To sign up for sponsoring soldier care packages for theater.

http://www.appreciateourtroops.org/forourtroops.shtml - To have commander sign up for mugs for unit troops.

http://www.operationshoebox.com/ - free shoebox care package.
.
http://bluestarmoms.org/airfare.html - lowest airfare available.

http://bluestarmoms.org/care.html - free care packages.

http://66.241.249.83/ - free air conditioners/heaters.

http://www.heromiles.org/ free air travel for Emergency Leave, and for the family members of injured soldiers to travel to Medical facility.

http://www.bluestarmothers.org/airlinespecials.php - Airline discounts for R & R.

http://www.booksforsoldiers.com/forum/index.php - free books, DVD’s, CD’s.

http://prayercentral.net/engage/militaryprayer/daily.php - daily prayer and scriptures.

http://www.militarymoms.net/sot.html - free care packages (your family member signs up to have sent to you).

http://operationmilitarypride.org/smsignup.html - free care packages.

http://www.soldiersangels.org/heroes/submit_a_soldier.php - get adopted to receive stuff.

https://www.treatsfortroops.com/registration/index.php - free gifts and care packages.

http://www.emilitary.org/forums/index.php?s=c200230df4b511793b37d9fa7072b056&showtopic=354&pid=664&st=0&#entry664 - free bible, Christian video, and book for spouse/family members of deployed troop.

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Nov2004/n11232004_2004112312.html - free shipping/packing materials for shipping to troops.


Copy the link into your browser and go from there. I have now checked out all of these links and they are good to go, as in they are what they appear to be. Check them out.

23 Comments:

Blogger AFSister said...

holy cow redleg! This is a great list!!!

Can't wait to go exploring....

9:36 AM  
Blogger redleg said...

have at it

9:43 AM  
Blogger ALa said...

Redleg -this is awesome...so glad you took the time to post all of these! Like AFSis said...can't wait to go through them all (and now I can blame you when my brother bitches that I only send stuff to soldiers and not him! LOL)

10:55 AM  
Blogger redleg said...

lists seem broke, are they working for anyone else?

3:48 PM  
Blogger redleg said...

lists seem broke, are they working for anyone else?

3:48 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Hi Redleg - AFSister tipped me about your site. This is an awesome list - Thanks!

12:18 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Sir..I'm on it and have been with soldiers angels. waiting for response to get my soldier to correspond with, but it's a long wait.

Definitely give to the others. Phone cards, operation give were great things to donate to. I need to scare up some more funds for soldier's angels.

thanks for th list and hope that leg is feeling better.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Desultory Girl said...

redleg, nice job with all the links. thanks!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Darkbladex85 said...

Well Sir where do i start. It makes me glad to see people. Out there putting out the effort to support the troops. wether or not they are troops. Know troops or just wanna support them. I am gonna add you to my links cause I my self am gearing up and deploying to Iraq sometime in june. I get to go have fun at NTC in cali next though. On Behalf of the 1-109th IN (M) Iron soldiers, We thank you
SPC Stroup

5:19 PM  
Blogger CenterUniverse said...

I agree,

Its great to see people actively supporting the troops, I mean by taking action not just in their hearts and minds.

No matter what political standing one holds, our troops are doing a service for all of us, and we should all support them.

Republicans and democrats alike, seem to always agree on at least that. <><

10:55 PM  
Blogger NOTR said...

Great list. My family supports three soldiers. One is Bosnia (yep we still have folks there), one in Kuwait, and one in Iraq.

For some reason some of the support organizations can be slow to respond when you first make contact. I would like to think it is because they are overwhelmed, but more likely it is because many people are running these "link-up" services as an extra duty.

Sometimes you may have to ping them a number of times before you get a response. Just keep at it though. It is worth it.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Best Buy said...

Great stuff on golf driving range equipment and I even bookmarked you! Of course I do have a similar page about golf driving range equipment

6:40 PM  
Blogger bizopps1 said...

Hello!
This is a very interesting blog about airfare airfare cheap cheap international international ticket and I will make sure to come back often.
Are You really interested in airfare airfare cheap cheap international international ticket then I suggest You visit airfare airfare cheap cheap international international ticket
Here You will find a complete directory of airfare airfare cheap cheap international international ticket

4:17 AM  
Blogger wpb-2E6E6F said...

Great blog you have! I really enjoyed it. I heard of a great site that is giving away a free set of Nike Golf Clubs. I think your readers will enjoy it. Just click the link below and enter your Zip Code to see if you qualify!
Free Nike Golf Clubs!

4:21 AM  
Blogger accordion-2016DC said...

Great blog! I also have a site about Kabel waterski
. You can check it out at Kabel waterski
.

Also, as a special bonus, I want to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam. Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to qualify.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam

8:18 PM  
Blogger Water & Fire said...

I have been visiting sites all day and I really like what you have done with your blog. I found your site just after I visited Jacuzzi Parts Idaho
. Kind a lame if you ask me. Who cares.. I'm here now! Have a good one!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Johnny said...

Just visited your blog, It is interesting to read. If you need some free cell phone tips, please click here .

1:59 AM  
Blogger Bill Adams said...

Veteran's Day is November 11th and I hope that EVERY American will be flying the flag in honor of our troops fighting in Iraq and around the world to preserve our freedoms!

I can even tell you where to get one for free! Visit AmericanFlags.com right now and they'll send you a FREE American Flag. These flags were $19.99, but now they are FREE. You pay just for shipping/handling and they'll ship one to your door. (Actually - I've ordered more than 20 from them to give to my neighbors, as gifts, etc!)

Get your free flag now: **FREE AMERICAN FLAG**

Semper Fi!

Bill Adams

10:50 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Yours By Design Heating and Cooling is a full service Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) contractor based in Blaine, MN
installing residential heating and air and commercial heating and air.**Heating****Cooling**amusement cooling parkamusement cooling park

8:09 PM  
Blogger Rebek said...

I was not sure to expect when I visited your blog. Well I think the information on this blog is great. I have my own blog and I wish I got half as many constructive comments as your blog does. Anyways, I am a teacher at a University and I am always doing research on various topics. This weeks topic relates 100% to your blog. I already bookmarked you for future use. If you want to exchange information I will leave my link at the bottom of this. If you don�t mind I will add my 2 cents to this blog topic once in awhile. Although most of the time I just like to read and see what other people�s thoughts are! (hey I am a teacher!)
Thanks again!golf driving range equipment.

4:35 AM  
Blogger hplauze said...

All I can say is wow what a great job! The other half and I just got back from our friends house (well actually her friends house) and I needed a big break. I am working on a business project right now that is based on golf equipment organizer. I have literally been on-line for 4-5 hours doing research. Even though your blog really isn�t on the same page as golf equipment organizer I am certainly glad I came across your blog. There are a ton of great view points on this blog. Well I think I can here the kids screaming in the background. I put you in my internet favorites and I will certainly come back and visit. If you want to take a peek at my site you can find me here at http://www.golf-equipment-deals.com. I update my site very frequently. Again, great job blogging and I will be back again soon!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Stumbled on your blog. FYI: Another site that I use and have been matched with a soldier is troopcarepackage.com
You can get matched to sponsor a specific soldier or groups, use message boards for ideas, prayer lists, or requests, etc.
Thanks!

2:15 PM  
Blogger wow power leveling said...

Why was there no follow on bankruptcy then? The bailout of AIG FP went to (wow power leveling) hedge funds that bound credit swaps on Lehman failing or others betting on rating (wow power leveling) declines. AIG has drained over 100 billion from the government. Which had to go to those who bet on failures and downgrades. Many of whom (power leveling)were hedge funds. I-banks that had offsetting swaps needed the money from the AIG bailout or they would have been caught. Its an (wow powerleveling) insiders game and it takes just a little bit too much time for most people to think (wow gold) through where the AIG 100 billion bailout money went to, hedge funds and players, many of whom hire from the top ranks of DOJ, Fed, Treasury, CAOBO
wow goldwow goldwow goldwow gold CAOBO

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home