Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Veteran's Bar

A little jab at the USAF...take it in good humor guys



Four retired Army vets are walking down the street window shopping.

Then they turn a corner and see a sign that says "Veterans Bar" over the doorway of an entry into an establishment that doesn't look all that well kept up. They look at each other then go in. On the inside, they realize in this case, they could judge the 'book by it's cover'.
The old bartender says in a voice that carries across the room, "Come on in and let me pour one for you! What'll it be, gentlemen?" There seems to be a fully stocked bar so the men all ask for a martini. In short time the bartender serves up 4 iced martinis - shaken not stirred and says, "That'll be 40 cents for the round, please."

The four men stare at the bartender for a moment then look at each other-they can't believe their good luck. They pay the 40 cents, finish their martinis and order another round. Again, four excellent martinis are produced with the bartender again saying, "That's 40 more cents, please." They pay the 40 cents but their curiosity is more than they can stand. They've each had two martinis and so far they've spent less than a dollar. Finally one of the men says, "How can you afford to serve martinis as good as these for a dime a piece?"

The bartender replies, "No doubt you've noticed the decor in here. And the outside ain't nothin' to write home about. I don't waste money on that stuff. But, here's my story. I'm a retired Master Sergeant and I always wanted to own a bar. Last year I hit the lottery for $45 million and decided to open this place for real veterans. Every drink costs a dime, wine, liquor, beer, all the same."

"Wow. That's quite a story." says one of the men. The four of them sipped at their martinis and couldn't help but notice three other guys at the end of the bar who didn't have a drink in front of them and hadn't ordered anything the wh ole time they were there. One man finished his martini and, gestured at the three at the end of the bar without drinks and asks the bartender, "What's with them?"

The bartender says, "Oh, those are retired Air Force Colonels. They're waiting for happy hour."

11 Comments:

Blogger 1138 said...

Glad you enjoyed the joke, it has been passed around inside the Air Force for at least 30 years.
There's no reason our friends in the other branches shouldn't enjoy it as well.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Steve Austin said...

Tasty blog! Please check out my online wine blog.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Tom Naka said...

Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my earth food health mother store
related site. It pretty much covers earth food health mother store
stuff. I guess you may find something of interest.

6:05 PM  
Blogger giresse said...

Nice site loads of info feel free to check out my site..

Laser Eye Surgery

Laser eye surgery, Lasik. Learning about lasik, lasek, wavefront and there procedures.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Free Ipod Nano site/blog. It pretty much covers free ipod guide related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

12:56 AM  
Blogger jumpmanholla said...

WHOLESALE DIRECT JORDANS AF1 AND MANY MORE IGOTKICKS.COM

WHOLESALE, DIRECT FROM CHINA FACTORY, for custom Air Jordan, AF1, Air Max, Bape STA, Dunk, Timberland, M&N throwback Jersey, etc.
please check out our website: http://www.igotkicks.com?/ref=6

we carry best quality of urban products: Jordan, sneakers, throwback, jerseys; Jacob watch, Custom kicks like Air Force One, AF1, Gucci AF1, LV AF1, Burberry AF1, NBA AF1, NBA Jordan, Air Jordan, Jordan I, Jordan II, Jordan III, Jordan IV, Jordan V, Jordan VI, Jordan VII, Jordan VIII, Jordan IX, Jordan X, Jordan XI, Jordan XII, Jordan XIII, Jordan XIV, Jordan XV, Jordan XVI, Jordan XVII, Jordan XVIII, Jordan XIX, Timberland, Dunk Low, Dunk High, Air Max, Air Blush 50 Cent, M&N jersey, NBA throwback, NFL throwback, Jacob watch, Ape, Bape, and etc. Custom kick, Air Jordan kick, exclusive kick, side kick, throwback jersey, designer fabrics, custom made jerseys, NBA throwback jersey, M&N throwback jersey, NBA hat, NBA cap, NFL throwback jersey.

11:46 PM  
Blogger airjordanfreak said...

For custom shoes and more visit customized air jordans. The best spot for customized air jordans and more! customized air jordans customized air jordans

6:45 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Hi, You have a cool blog here. I'm always interested to see other people's blogs who are interested in wine or beer. I am a wine lover myself, and maintain my own wine blog www.pinotgris.net
Stop by and check it out (and say hi, too)!

7:31 PM  
Blogger lindaweaverfamily said...

It's about that time of the year again! I found a good place to get the tractor snow blower for cheap... But there are times of the year that I think it would just be easier to live in Florida.

12:49 AM  
Blogger plasticdoc said...

Hi: I was looking for information on cosmetic surgery and can upon your site. I'm working on a site about San Diego plastic surgery and looking for any good facts that I might be able to incorporate into my site to really provide an in-depth information source. After reading your Blog, I found it interesting, but, it wasn't what I was looking for. With that said, I must say I've enjoyed reading it. I bookmarked your blog for the future. Well I'm off again in search for plastic surgery information.

7:41 AM  
Blogger plasticdoc said...

Hi: I was looking for information on cosmetic surgery and can upon your site. I'm working on a site about San Diego plastic surgery and looking for any good facts that I might be able to incorporate into my site to really provide an in-depth information source. After reading your Blog, I found it interesting, but, it wasn't what I was looking for. With that said, I must say I've enjoyed reading it. I bookmarked your blog for the future. Well I'm off again in search for plastic surgery information.

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home