Tuesday, November 02, 2004

It's in your hands

Election day. I don't care who you vote for but go out and vote. It is your right and it is your duty to do so. Do so wisely and with all the thought and education you possess.

You owe it to your country to go out and vote if you have the right to do so.

Whatever the outcome I hope it is decided tonight. It would be a fine thing after the polls close tonight if both candidates decided to accept the final results gracefully instead of putting the country through what it went through in the aftermath of 2000. No one was better for that, and it robbed President Bush of the potential unity of mind that absolute legitimacy bestows. We'll see. I believe one of the candidate possesses the breadth of character to do so, I don't think the other has that quality in his makeup.

Myself, I will be having a single malt scotch in front of the TV tonight seeing history happen for good or ill.

Tschuss

2 Comments:

Blogger Subsunk said...

Saw your post to Mr. Nimbus. You've a great sense of humor. God bless you for your noble defense of the country in WORD and DEED. Hope my Care package will get to those who need it as well.

Subsunk

9:18 AM  
Blogger redleg said...

Subsunk

I enjoy your posts when we get to tag team on Ala's blog

I enjoy your viwepoint as well. My younger officers say my humor is so dry it is nonexistant. Mr. Nimbus is a very articulate guy and I hope he learns to trust his government again. I think he votes libertarian because he is afraid of what his guys would do if they actually got elected. Maybe he'll come to his senses someday, but probably not. At least he is thinking about it. That's more than most do.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home